For a totally different adventure-style break, why not treat the family to an overnight stay in one of the UK’s many zoo’s & wildlife parks that now offer amazing experiences for their out-of-hours guests…
ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
The Lookout Lodge is nestled at the heart of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. Look one way & you’ll see a herd of white rhinos, look the other & you’ll see the breathtaking views across the Chiltern Downs.
- Enjoy welcome drinks, an evening Safari tour, mouth watering BBQ dinner while watching the tigers, torch light bat watching tour, full English breakfast & an early morning tour before the zoo is open to the public
- Zoo enrty included
- Free car parking
- There are 9 lodges available, 5 of them have twin beds & 4 have double beds. There is also a sofa bed in each lodge, which children can use on the family nights (maximum 2 adults + 2 children between 5-13 years)
- Private veranda with seating so you can soak up the atmosphere and relax
- Complimentary towels, shampoo / conditioner / shower gel are provided – there are separate female & male washing facilities,each with showers & toilets, a short distance from the lodges
Paradise Wildlife Park, Broxbourne, Hertfordshire
A fantastic & rare opportunity to stay over night at the animal park & experience the atmosphere & sounds of the wild as the sun goes down…
- 2 whole days for you to enjoy everything that Paradise Wildlife Park has to offer
- Animal feed bags to hand feed various animals with their favourite treats
- A round of Safari Golf
- A ride on the Woodland Railway
- The opportunity to get hands on with “cute & cuddly” animal friends while one of the experienced & knowledgable animal team gives you a guided tour of the animal park
- VIP wrist bands for both days of your stay
- Continental breakfast at the Tiger Treetops restaurant
- The Zebra Suite can sleep 8 – 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom + 2 double sofa beds with lounge area with television & DVD player, deluxe shower room with complimentary toiletries & complimentary tea, coffee & biscuits
- The Leopard & Tiger apartments have 1 double bedroom with a double sofa bed in each
Port Lymphe Wild Animal Park, Kent
A choice of accommodations are available at the stunning Port Lymphe Wild Animal Park.
Livingstone Cottage is great for larger families or groups & boasts 3 spectacular double bedrooms, a twin room & 3 bathrooms. The living area is comprised of a spacious kitchen diner & a cosy snug with log burning stove, while the garden provides additional seating areas, perfect for watching the night skies on a summer’s evening.
- Meet your Personal Ranger & enjoy a complimentary welcome glass of bubbly
- Embark on a private 1.5 hour safari in an 8 seater Long Wheel Drive Land Rovers. The vehicle will stop en route so you will have plenty of opportunities to get some great photos of the wildlife so make sure you have your camera & binoculars ready! Your ranger will pass on interesting facts & amusing stories about the animals you pass including rhinos, elephants & giraffe
- Enjoy a delicious 4 course meal in the evening & full English breakfast in the morning
- A morning safari is also included along with the option to explore the wild animal park at your leisure
Livingstone Lodge is situated in the 100 acre wilds of the African Experience where animals are free to roam as if in the plains of Africa. Settle into your stunning luxury tented safari-style accommodation with private veranda & soak up the views…
- late afternoon & early morning jeep safari included
- 5 course African-style dinner
- Full English breakfast
- 2 days entry into the Wild Animal Park
Elephant Lodge is the perfect experience for those seeking a truly unique ‘glamping’ holiday. Luxury tented lodges are situated overlooking the elephant paddocks & offer stunning views of the cheetah enclosure & across the Romney marsh to the Kent coastline. For families with younger children you can keep an eye on the kids whilst relaxing on the verandah of your tent by the play area.
- A 3, 4 or 7 night stay includes unlimited entry to both Port Lympne & Howletts Wild Animal Parks for the duration of your holiday. Regular evening activities will include walking tours of the park with a keeper & evening safari tours when the park is closed to the public. Each of the luxury tented lodges sleeps up to 8 people in 2 double bedrooms, 1 double sofa bed in the living area & bunk beds in the twin room. The lodges have private toilet & shower facilities & are equipped with a log burning stove to provide that true ‘glamping’ feel to your holiday
Durrell Wildlife Camp, Jersey
Wind down in the wild at Durrell Wildlife Camp, an exclusive luxury getaway experience! Let the sights & sounds of the wildlife park in Jersey transport you to the forests of Madagascar!
- Each spacious camping pod has a double bed & can sleep up to 2 adults + 2 children, wood burning stove, outdoor deck with sun-beds, kitchen facilities & its own dedicated shower & wc next to each pod – additional tipis can be arranged for children to sleep separately
- Bookings include unlimited access to the park during your stay
- Free WiFi covers the whole camp
- Private dawn & dusk tours are available at an extra charge
If you have been lucky enough to enjoy any of these experiences, let us know what you thought…Don’t forget to check out our Holiday Review pages – if you have been on a holiday that you would like to review for us, please contact email@example.com