Easter wouldn’t be the same without lamb and this slow-cooked show-stopper supper is easy and quick to prepare. The game-changer ingredient of Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly and just a few hours in the oven turns this dish into a meltingly fragrant crowd pleaser. Pass the flatbreads…
Ingredients (Serves 4 – 6)
100g Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly
1 tbsp cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 onions, sliced
1 shoulder of lamb, bone in 1½ – 2kg
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly
100g natural yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 160°C/ 325°F/gas mark 3.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and zest.
- Throw the sliced onion into the base of a deep-sided roasting tray. Lightly score the lamb and season generously. Place the lamb on top of the onions. Pour the glaze over the lamb – and give it a little rub to get the glaze into the scored meat. Add 200ml water to the base of the tray. Cover the lamb/tray in silver foil.
- Roast the lamb for 3hrs before removing the foil and continue roasting for a further 20-30 mins or until the lamb has a good colour. Remove any excess fat from the tray and then pour the juices over the lamb.
- Stir a tablespoon of Tracklements Zing Rosemary Jelly until loose, then mix into the yoghurt.
- Shred the lamb with two forks and serve with flat breads, pomegranate seeds drizzled with the rosemary yoghurt.
Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly £3.15 for 250g, is available from Whole Foods Market as well as good fine food delis and farm shops nationwide and online at www.tracklements.co.uk/jellies