If you want to enjoy a good breakfast but don’t want to break your diet (like most of us) we have the recipes for you! these are a few treats that you can enjoy with out feeling bad! Wholemeal Pancakes Ingredients
125g (4½ oz) wholemeal flour
1 medium egg 300ml (½ pt) semi-skimmed milk
- Place the flour in a large bowl, mix in the egg and gradually whisk in the milk to give a smooth batter.
- Heat a little oil in a small frying pan and add a little of the batter to cover the base thinly.
- Cook the pancake for 1 min until golden, turn and cook for 30 seconds.
- Repeat to make eight pancakes
- Beat 2 egg whites with 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 tsp cinnamon, until well blended.
- Spray a griddle with Pam and heat to medium.
3.Soak bread in mixture, trying to get all liquid. Place bread on griddle and pour excess mixture onto each slice. 4.Grill on both sides until set. 5.Beforehand plop frozen berries in a pan and add 2 packets equal. Heat until it turns to liquid and cook for a few minutes, you can rupture the berries with a fork easily to make it more saucy. 6.Cut slices in half and arrange on plate, spread compote on top and serve Scrambled Egg and Smoked Salmon Ingredients 4 large eggs
4 large egg whites
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon canola oil
2 wholemeal bagels
1 ounce smoked salmon, thinly sliced
1. Whisk eggs, egg whites and pepper in a small bowl until well blended. 2. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Pour the eggs into the pan and cook until they just begin to set, about 10 seconds; stir in salmon. Cook, stirring gently from time to time, until the eggs have thickened into soft, creamy curds, 3 to 5 minutes. 3. toast bagel and top with scrambled egg and salmon. Serve immediately. Healthy Full English Breakfast Ingredients 2 eggs 4 slices lean bacon 2 low fat sausages 2 slices of wholegrain bread 2 medium tomatoes 2 large flat cup mushrooms 1 tbsp olive oil Preperation
- Trim any extra fat off the bacon.
- Instead of frying grill the bacon and sausages, toast the bread.
- Brush the mushrooms and tomato with a little olive oil and bake in the oven at 200C for 15 minutes.
- Poach the eggs, alternatively you can bake the eggs for 10 minutes with the mushrooms.