Make your own body or facial salt/sugar scrub at home with a few simple and natural ingredients!
- 1/2 cup (110g) Sea Salt or sugar
- 30-50ml olive oil, depending on how oily you want it
- 3 teaspoons body cream or face cream
- 20 drops lavender essential oil for a relaxing scrub or 10 drops of geranium essential oil and 10 drops of lime for a citrus blast.
- Put the salt (or sugar) in a mixing bowl.
- If you are making a facial scrub grind the salt or sugar for a few seconds with a pestle and mortar or back of a wooden spoon until it is the texture of icing sugar and not too abrasive – for a body scrub it can be rougher.
- Add the oil, mixing well with a wooden spoon. The texture should be moist enough to hold together, but not too oily. You can adjust the amount of oil to achieve the texture that you prefer.
- Add the face or body cream and stir in
- Gently tap in the drops of essential oil and combine well.
And that is all there is to it!
Use a scrub twice a week to keep your skin glowing.
Best applied in the shower on damp or dry skin in a circular motion and then washed off.