What causes IBS? The cause of IBS is not known. In about 25% of cases, IBS starts soon after an attack of gastroenteritis (diarrhoea). It is thought that toxins released during the infection may damage nerves, which in turn can cause abnormal muscular contraction of the bowel. Facts you need to know about IBS:
- The disease affects around 12 million people in the UK
- 4 in 10 IBS sufferers regularly take time off work, with an average of nine days a year
- 6 in 10 have never sought medical advice due to embarrassment
- Anxiety and stress is a key factor in triggering IBS with almost three-quarters stating that it exacerbates their symptoms.
- A new miracle liquid supplement has launched in Boots to combat the symptoms and has instant results – LQ Digestive Care by LQ Liquid Health Contains Artichoke, Bladderwrack seaweed and peppermint
Digestive related conditions can affect many people across a broad age spectrum with up to one in five people at some point in their life developing IBS and many developing Leaky Gut, and other gastro/digestive conditions.
Packaged in neat individual bottles, and designed to be taken as a daily ‘shot’, LQ Digestive Care uses a combination of scientifically researched ingredients which can help to maintain digestive health every day and each bottle contains only 18 calories.
Perfect for those who struggle to swallow capsules, or those who are unsure of the best combination of essential nutrients for optimum digestive health, LQ Digestive Care 50ml liquid supplement or simply taken on its own.
Available from Boots and www.boots.com the LQ Digestive Care £29.99 (10 bottles) is so effective human trials have shown impressive results with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Leaky Gut and other gastro/digestive conditions with some volunteers able to come off their long term medication.