Halloween is one of the most anticipated days to celebrate with your friends and family in the fall.
From adorning your home with spooky decorations, to picking out a clever costume for a highly-anticipated Halloween party, October 31st is the day that you can be whoever you want to be.
If you’re like me, Halloween seems to sneak up every year. Luckily there are easy ways to plan the perfect last-minute Halloween party that all of your family and friends will enjoy! Follow these DIY tips to throw the stress-free ghostly celebration that your guests will appreciate:
- Set the scene: Halloween is one of the special times of year where there are so many easy decor possibilities! You can use yarn to make a creepy lifesize spider web or tights and a pair of shoes to create wicked witch legs without feeling like you’re breaking your party budget.
- Party Games: It’s important to keep your guests entertained at your party, so that’s why I always have a few festive games up my sleeve. I recently found a Halloween party game tool that lets you sort through games depending on the age group, party size and theme. Halloween charades is one of my favorites!
- Food and drinks: Along with making simple savory appetizers, make sure you have a variety of spooky treats for those with a sweet-tooth! From ghostly chocolate truffles, to bat Oreo treats, there are endless possibilities when it comes to making Halloween-themed treats.
- Costume: Seeing everyone dressed up is one of the most exciting parts of the holiday, but coming up with a creative costume idea can be overwhelming. A budget-friendly way to devise a costume this year is to review all of the popular movies or TV shows you’ve watched over the past year. It can be simple to replicate one of the characters just by digging through your own wardrobe.
- Music: The playlist at your Halloween party most likely won’t be any soundtrack you’d have at a normal get together. I often search through premade Halloween playlists on Spotify to find the most fitting playlist for my spooky shindig.
If you’re looking for more Halloween ideas, you can also check out this Halloween party ideas tool, which lets you sort through over 90 DIY party ideas. Once you have all of your bases covered, you’ll enjoy celebrating Halloween with all of your friends and family!